Sunday, October 01, 2006

There is a very large green wagon at my house...

Hm so, Grandma, Grandpa, Aunt Pearline, and Abby came to visit on Wednesday. We ate at Biaggi's per Shaker suggestion. Good times. They are so funny...they really aren't sure how Matt can live in such a small space. :) And they were so worried about getting Abby back to Bloomington so she could get to bed...they left here at 9ish. :D

Sang at Shaker on Thursday, or I should say, everyone else sang; I croaked...I'm a lot better now. They sang "Pull for the Shore" for me. Ask me sometime why I think that song is hilarious...

Friday was Jakey's 18th birthday. Woot. So I got him a present. I had a hard time deciding between the incense sticks and the glow-in-the-dark moldable foam. (Circle K's just don't have a real big gift selection) I went with the foam. It was his favorite present until he opened the machete. *sigh* I just can't compete.

Saturday I slept really late...it was beautiful. I spent several hours making cookies for Jake to take to his friend's house after homecoming. (He forgot them on the counter.) So then I rode my bike to the field and rode around on the combine with Dad for a while. I drove for a couple rounds...I think Dad was ready to switch back. :) Beans are way harder than corn!

I got to see Abby's house. It's so cute, and it is fixed up a lot better than ours.

I didn't go to Taylor. I'm sad I missed out on seeing people. I'm not sad I stayed home. I feel much better now, and I think I would still be pretty miserable if I hadn't got some rest. So yeah. Blessings.

4 comments:

Mike said...

So why is that song so funny? I thought it was nice! ;)

Luke said...

Yeah, Taylor pretty much rocked, and two of your cousin's from KC were there.

Heidi said...

Why is the song so funny?

I missed you in Taylor.

I had to read Old Farmer's blog to figure out where the big green wagon came from.

I'm going to poke you back. :P

Jenny said...

Well Mike, it's funny because in one of the Little House on the Prairie books, Laura watches two drunk guys stagger down the street singing "pull for the shore" kicking out screen doors as they walk. :) I think it's hilarious.