Friday, December 08, 2006

Last day of classes! Woot!

I'm kind of excited. :) This semester was really long, but flew by so fast. Crazy. I feel like I learned a lot, but my grades don't really reflect it.... mur. O well. So here are some things about my classes....

Biochem- biological processes are amazingly complex and so much is because of Chemistry! It would have been a much better class with better professors. I slept a lot. (In lecture, only sometimes in my bed).

Astronomy- "The big bang created flowers." Haha. The God that made the stars is amazing, and it's hard for me to comprehend how astronomers don't see His touch on the cosmos. O, and Bob was in it with me, so that was fun.

Organic Chemistry- I like orgo. My professor for this class was the best I've had at U of I, mostly because he really cared and really wanted us to learn it well. "Resonance is the answer to everything in life." - Professor Peter Beak.

Organic Lab- 100 kids, 2 TA's, not enough equipment, and a lab that was covered in construction dust constantly. Not my favorite, and I usually love orgo lab- so frustrating!

Instrumentation of Chemical Systems analysis- The guest lecturers were good. They didn't put me to sleep like the professor did. I don't like instrumentation theory because a lot of it is over my head and doesn't make sense until you actually use it. We learned about NMR- it was invented in Noyes Lab. :)

Instrumentation of Chemical Systems analysis lab- So much fun! We had really nice research grade equipment and everything worked like it was supposed to. A lot of stuff clicked for me finally so that was good. I did have to write lab reports every week and I'm glad that's over.

Senior thesis project- translated some computational lab instructions for one program to WebMo. Kind of fun. The professor I work under is a really cool guy who demonstrates Rutherford's gold foil experiment with a paintball gun in the classroom. *grin*

I wrote 17 lab reports this semester for a total of 136 pages, not including prelabs. Kind of a lot. Hooray for being done!

Now I just have to pass my finals....

Blessings.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

go johnny.