Friday night I spent an enjoyable evening at Famous Dave's with the wonderful fun ladies of the Champaign church. It was such a good time and I can't wait until next months get together.
Afterwards I gave Fred a ride home. It wasn't as quiet of a ride as it normally is. Maybe I'm getting better at the making conversation thing... or maybe not. :)
I got a phone call at 11 from Heidi, she said she "had a gift for me" and asked if I was home so she could drop it off. She parked all the way at the end of the driveway so I couldn't see her car.... and then she handed me a dozen chocolate chip cookies. I didn't get it right away, but we had this bet that if she was married before Christmas that she had to bake me cookies. I think I said something like, O no, before she said that he was out in the car. I was soooo glad when Luke walked in. :) So they stayed and talked for a while... it's still really weird and I'm not sure I like losing two dear friends at once, but I guess it's worth it for the cookies and the purple bridesmaid dress. :) It's too bad that they forgot the Mrs. Knapp duck, that would have been perfect!
The funniest part was that my mom had no idea that they were over and Shelly was eavesdropping the whole time.
Saturday I did my taxes and didn't get (very) stressed or emotional. (Last year was bad... near tears bad) Shelly had her friends over for a valentine's day dinner. They all dressed up and I did Shelly's hair really foofy. It was pretty great.
Church was good today. Luke and Heidi got announced. And my roommate Alyssa. And a bunch of other people from random places. So now I'm back at school and tired. Gab and I walked at CIRCE and rehashed the weekend and stuff and then I went grocery shopping with Amber for 711 supper tomorrow night. And now I'm going to bed.
Blessings.
1 comment:
Ohh, juicy details, I am out of the loop.
Post a Comment