Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Snow Day!

Yesterday the U of I cancelled classes for the third time in its history (so I'm told). Woot! It was beautiful. I had decided that I wasn't going to my first class because it looked really cold and snowy so I was asleep again when my roommates awoke me with their celebrating. :) So I got to sleep in and was pretty much lazy and unproductive all day long.

Gab, Amber and I tried to run some errands but we only got about 20 ft. down our driveway. So instead we had roommate bonding time with some Sweet Home Alabama. :) We were invited to Brown House for chili by Martin-shoveling our driveway out of nowhere-all star. We walked to Brown House down the middle of the streets; the sidewalks are nonexistent. They had such a good turnout! Pretty much everyone was there, plus a few extra. We celebrated BAM's unbirthday, played some games, had a rubber band war, and just had an all around good time.

I got shoved in a snowbank when we got back to the house because Gab said I kept hitting her with rubber bands. I maintain that it wasn't me! Ben just has really bad aim. :) Sarah decided to make cookies and we called the Shaker to see if any of them were bored so some of the guys ended up coming over.

We played some group games...they all seemed to involve stretching and bending so I'm kind of sore today. :) It was lots of fun though, a great way to start singles awareness day, I mean, Valentine's Day. Classes are cancelled again today!! But today I really need to actually do my homework.

Happy Valentine's Day!
Blessings.

6 comments:

Mike said...

Thanks for inviting us over to play games last night! :( Happy Valentines day to you to.....

Anonymous said...

yay for unproductive days, nice boys to shovel driveways and national single's awareness day!!

okay i lied about that last one! come see me soon ms. wyss, it's been WAY too long!!

megan

Anonymous said...

happy valentine's day to my favorite JENNY WYSS! :)

Jenny said...

Happy valentine's day mike! sorry... I guess they had talked to gab about how they were bored and wanted to do something... besides, weren't you wrestling with your roommates and making funny videos or something?

Anonymous said...

Sooo....is playing games ALL you did Monday night? *grin*

Jenny said...

hahaha... all i'm going to blog about. ;)