Hail Alma Matter...
Well. It's over. I had one last week of good times with U of I people and then a crazy weekend of singing and personal showers for Heidi. The personal shower was fun. She owns a lot of rubber duckies. And a lovely pair of lacy pink shorts from... well, lets just say some previous shenanigans. :)
Sunday my family and I went to Champaign for church (it was graduation day). I didn't walk, but we went for Bubble Tea and wandered around campus for a while. Jakey and Shelly had never experienced bubbles before and I don't think that they were very impressed. Of course, they are a lot better the second time you have them. We went to Famous Dave's (because it's in the round barn and Dad wanted to go there) for supper.
I spent Sunday night at 709 with Amanda. It's so empty and lonely. It's crazy how fast two years went. And how much stuff accumulated. :) This morning I met with a potential subleaser from K-State. I was trying to explain to Amanda how she heard about the house... gotta love the random AC connections.
My room is a mess. Better than it was... But still a mess. And there are spiders.... I was screaming about one and trying to kill it and had just smooshed it when Jakey sauntered in. I told him that I had it all under control, and then he said, "two seconds ago the whole world was at sixes and sevens and the house was falling down around our ears!" Gotta love a little Skin of Our Teeth now and again. I laughed.
So a lot of fun and interesting things have happened that I was going to blog about... but I just didn't have time. Like how Abby's car randomly broke down in Champaign on her way to Leo and got to spend the afternoon with me. And how we scrubbed down the kitchen and living room. And the crazy phone call I got on the way home from C-U... o wait... no, wasn't going to blog about that, something about protecting the innocent. ;)
I love summer. Blessings.
1 comment:
I do have LOTS of rubber ducks. I'm still not sure what I'm going to do with 7 little ducks, a medium duck, and a really huge duck! Beware: they may show up at your personal shower someday, along with those lovely XXL pink lace shorts. :-)
Post a Comment