Monday, March 10, 2008

blue was just a kansas summer sky

Or March sky.
Somehow I made it all day on 4.5 hours of sleep...


Kansas was really fun. I kind of procrastinated on finding a ride until Friday afternoon. But it was all good, because I ended up going with BDY, J-nell, and Natedog. It was an uneventful drive out, and we made it in time for the supper and singing. It was really good to see Kansas people and U of I people, although I barely got to talk to any of them for very long.

I got to spend the night with Marie, Kristi, and Brit at Stefani's house- good times. Kristi set her cell phone alarm for 7 on Sunday morning and I set mine for 8 and they both went off at the same time; we were kind of confused as to which was correct. But... we figured it out and we weren't late for church. :)

The wedding was beautiful, Caleb and Bethany are both so cute. And they managed to have the shortest wait in a reception line ever! Props to them for that.

We took the scenic route back to the interstate... our fearless driver and navigator were busy reminiscing so we got to experience some real Kansas roads. :) The ride home was slightly disappointing (side note- I'm using hyperbole here)- we didn't stop for Jackstack and Bandanna's was "shut" so I have yet to experience that place; but there was lots of good music and conversation. I didn't get home until 1 (St. Louis is definitely not on the way to Bern) so I've been pretty much in a fog all day. O well, I'll survive and it was worth it to be there. At least I wasn't crazy like some people who drove out in the middle of the night. :)

Blessings.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A KS trip without Jackstack is like ... uhmm ... coffee without a cup??

Or something like that.