Friday, March 07, 2008

Bookends

Sometimes I go for weeks with 'nothing' to do and then I get crazy busy all of the sudden.

Tuesday evening Elise had "the girls who were in bible class together + Heather" (we need a name or something) over for supper and games. It was good to be with them again. I don't know what my problem was though, I was soooo tired and I ended up going home really early because I could barely keep my eyes open enough to play moods.

Last night Gab and I went to Champaign to hang out with Karen K. It was a great time. I had to drop some stuff off at the Shaker for Matt so we said hi to all the Shakerites and Ern. Some things never change- the smell of the Shake and the smell of Ern. We stopped at Walmart for old times sake. I didn't wear my whale p.j.'s because Gab didn't wear hers... We ate supper at Za's on Green street- so good. We've been talking about going to a ballet or something similar for a while... so we checked out a "studio dance" at Krannert. It was... um.. interesting. I liked parts of it. Parts of it were just plain weird. But, my horizons were definitely broadened, so it was not a bad experience. Plus I can say that I've watched five people push a grand piano around a stage for no particular reason and then 'dance' around it. yeah. interesting really isn't a very good way to describe it. Then we ate Coldstone and came home.

I didn't get a whole lot of sleep last night... and I had to sit through five hours of safety training today. So boring.

I'm going to KS tomorrow!
Blessings.

...Old friends,
Old friends Sat on their park bench Like bookends...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How was KS??

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about having nothing to do then getting busy all of the sudden! Happens to me too!

Jenny said...

kansas was a good time- can you believe I haven't been to bern in a year and a half?? craziness. :)