So about 15ish of us W-ton yg people spent Saturday and Sunday in St. Louis. I had a pretty good time... I was feeling like I was babysitting towards the end but... overall a great trip. :)
We met up with Matthew S. and Natedog, it was good to see them again. Our first stop was at the Third Degree Glass Factory- we got to see a demonstration of glass blowing... it was super cool um, hot. :) They had some nifty stuff for sale- and the bathroom sinks/ faucets were amazing! All made out of colorful blown glass.
We had a picnic at Forrest Park for lunch. It was rather warm at that point. And I had it on good authority, *cough* Matt, that guys could a whole gondola. So I brought 12. We only ate 6. O well, we didn't run out. After lunch we went to the Zoo. Which I love. My favorites are the giraffes. I like to watch the hippos too, but giraffes are just cool.
So since we were quite warm (it was 90ish and muggy) we spent the rest of the afternoon at the Science Center. Which I also loved. :D And it was air conditioned. I would have spent more time there but everyone else was ready to go for supper. We ate at Fitz's and drank some amazing root beer.
For evening festivities we all headed to Nathan's house for singing and ping pong. I am bad at ping pong, but it's still fun to play. Us girls spent the night at a hotel... so since I was the only one over 21 (eeesh) I got to chauffeur them in the 15 passenger van we rented... and I was the only one old enough to check in. So I'm signing stuff for the rooms and they have a line for the make and model of the vehicle we're driving.. um.. um... so I put down Ford (I'm not that dumb) but I had no idea what model I was driving so I just wrote "van". Haha.. I bet they laughed about that at the desk after I left. I was just glad they didn't ask for the license plate, I would have had to have somebody go out and check. :D
We managed to all get ready for church on time and made it back to Nathan's before the guys were ready. Yay for us. St. Louis church was full- lots of Champaign people there randomly! It was good to see them. After church we changed at Nathan's and left for home. We had to make a bathroom stop in Delavan and tried to take a shortcut home through T-town... bad idea, the turkey fest was in full swing. whoops. so much for saving time. I'm pretty worn out now...
Blessings.
2 comments:
When I am staying in a hotel with my OWN car, I have to go outside and look at the license plate.
It sounds like you had a good time here, even if at times you felt like you were babysitting. Thanks for coming down.
I've never had to check my own license plate thankfully... :)
the guys at the front desk wanted to give us a 4 am wake up call too. I politely declined.
It was a good time! Next time I want to see those botanical gardens..
Post a Comment