I'm tired of rain... although, it was nice to wash my houseplants in.
I spent Saturday afternoon in Champaign for no particular reason other than I haven't been there in a long time. It was really good. I stayed at Hessel house so I got to chill with Amber... we didn't do anything super exciting. Other than catching a mouse. And bailing approximately 798 gallons of water out of their basement. By hand. (ok, maybe not by hand)
Saturday evening we bought some mousetraps because they keep seeing mice in their basement and went out to eat with Natalie and Heather. Nat wanted to buy dog treats so we spent some time at Petsmart.... it was fun to look at all the animals they sell. Over all though, mega pet stores disturb me- people spend so much money on their animals and there are people sleeping on the streets in C-U. And starving. But yeah.
Champaign church was good. Good to see people again, it's been a long time! They had a shortened service in the afternoon because of all the rain and when we got back to hessel house there was four inches of water in the basement. It was coming through the walls and definitely sounded like a waterfall (or at least like someone was taking a shower). So I borrowed some rubber boots and we went wading. We found the mouse peacefully floating in a trap. The floor drain wasn't keeping up and two girls and buckets were not making a dent... so we made a trip to home depot for a sump pump. It was powerful. So powerful that the first time we didn't get the hose in tight enough and it came out and I might have gotten slightly wet. But it took care of all the water pretty quick... we only spent about 2 hours down there. :) And moved approximately 798 gallons of water. (figuring 16'x20'x4'' on average and approximately 0.00432900433 gallons to a cubic inch) Go us.
Then I came home. And our basement was dry. Hooray for good drainage and great-grandparents that did quality construction.
Anyway, now it needs to dry out so I can do important things like plant the bulbs I just got.
Blessings.
1 comment:
the hessel house basement is a better place because of you jenny wyss!! thanks for being such a good sport this weekend! :) i def. owe you one! :)
Post a Comment