Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Labor day weekend

So it was another busy weekend...

Friday night we had a singing shower for three of the four w-ton weddings. It went pretty well. We had plenty of food and Marcia and Michelle were in the kitchen with Jody and I so that all worked out great. I wanted to sing Pull for the Shore, I knew that Matt would glare at me, so I didn't call it.

Matt and Shelly and I left Saturday morning for Latty/Junction... typical invite. It was enjoyable though. I might have gotten a text in the 'greeting line' and tried to reply during the prayer, but they have terrible cell reception out there so it was all in vain. Amusing though.

The sista stroll down the road after supper was funny.... I felt sorry for the people trying to drive on it.

We sang Pull for the Shore- I was excited. Shelly wanted me to wink at Nic during the singing but some girls hair was in the way. Probably a good thing. :)

After church on Sunday we headed to Leo to my aunt and uncle's house and got there just in time to head out on the river in their new boat. We got to ski... I got up every time... I was pretty excited. We went out again after supper, but it got dark really fast. Monday morning Abby and Shelly and I got up early and went out. It was a little bit chilly! I tried wake boarding just to say I did and I got up for about two seconds and then I face planted and swallowed half the lake and decided that it was Shelly's turn to try. (Abby said it was longer than two seconds... I dunno though, it was pretty short)

We chilled by the pool for a while before we left. We stopped at the store because Matt had never been there. And then we came home. And I'm very sore today. And slightly sunburnt. woot. :)

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Shelly winking at boys??!!

Jenny said...

she's such a bad influence on me... :)