I went to Chicago this weekend. Kind of. Mostly just the suburbs. I'm not really sure why. But it was great fun!
They had invite a friend weekend and Sarah invited me to go with her. Technically we were Greg's guests... but EZ had told us about it too... and we stayed with Carrie... It was a really small weekend- which I love. And I got to do lots of following people around town as close as possible because I didn't have the foggiest idea of where we were. :)
We raked leaves and pulled weeds for an older lady in the beautiful indian summer temperatures. And then we went to the school where Troy (I forgot that he lived up there) teaches and filled soup kits. Sarah and I made lovely fall centerpieces for a nursing home and painted pumpkins. There was the ubiquitous supper and singing. And talking to cool Chicago people. Like Andrea, who's a country girl that understands chemistry. And Kait, and Carrie, and Kathy.
Carrie lives on King Arthur's Court... next to a moat... in a building named after one of the knights of the round table. We got to look at old gridley year books... and got soo much sleep because of the time change. It was great!
I don't remember if I've ever been to Chicago church before, so this maybe was the first time. It was good, I like small churches. Although, there was a spider on the bench that was a little bit scary. Sarah was brave and killed it for me. We left for home right after, and didn't get lost.
I think I'll be home this weekend.
1 comment:
We missed you Sunday! :( Wish you could've came.
Post a Comment