Another busy and Christmasy weekend. Friday night the yg sang Christmas carols at WCV. It was interesting because we didn't bring carol books and the HOZ's didn't get brought either. O well, it still sounded pretty good and the old people don't care if you mess up a little bit. :)
Mom and I took a rather roundabout way through Morton to get our Christmas tree on Saturday. It's sooo pretty. When we got it home it seemed to have shrunk a little bit so we set it on some boxes. (for the sake of those with delicate sensibilities we won't mention what those boxes originally contained...) And then we played Christmas light twister trying to get three strands of lights untangled.
Saturday night was the YG Christmas party... they made us mix it up a little bit at supper so conversation was a little stilted, but good. Haha... so what kind of chocolate do you prefer? We were supposed to bring a grab gift labeled with a bible verse that reflected the contents of the package; lots of "ye are the light of the world," flashlights and candles... the best was a verse in Job about smelling bad and the gift was deodorant and mints. I finally played settlers with Wendi-with-an-i afterwards. I lost.
Church caroling was after church on Sunday. The group I was in went to some places in Peoria. One of the little old ladies we visited totally reminded me of Gab in 70 years... *grin* Supper was barbeque sandwiches. Which I hate.... and it's not good after-Christmas-caroling food. I think we should have soup. And hot ham and cheese sandwiches. At least they make real hot chocolate for the occasion! (and no, I do not want to be put on the kitchen committee!)
Blessings.
9 days til my birthday, 17 days til christmas!
4 comments:
Well maybe we should just put you on the Kitch...
oh.
Nevermind
Ha! I'll so vote for you next time!
Of course you lost to Wendi....everyone does.
Jenny, barbecue sandwiches is the BEST food!! You need to get your taste buds checked...
Lets play Settlers again sometime. :)
I liked the Gab comment....
Post a Comment