So our Easter weekend was good. I had to work Good Friday and Bob didn't.... I guess that's what I get for working for the heathen government. :) At least it was rainy all day so I didn't feel bad about being stuck inside.
Saturday we got a lot of stuff done at our duplex. Matt and I brought a load of my stuff (mostly books) down and then he went to work adding an outlet in our bathroom. The medicine cabinet that was there looks like it was original to the house... recessed and complete with florescent lights on the side. The only outlet in the bathroom was on the cabinet, so somebody plugged in a power strip and tacked it to the wall. um... lovely. So we pulled it all out and got a nicer, surface mount one at Menards (my favorite store). But that left us with no outlet in the bathroom, which is where Matt came in. :) Apparently there were more studs than expected in the wall in weird places because it required two holes in the drywall and drilling through a stud. And the bit might have slipped and put a nice hole in the stairway. oops. But we got a new outlet and the bathroom looks ten times better. :)
Dad and Mom came in the afternoon and dad fixed the hole in the wall, hung the medicine cabinet, replaced a pane of glass... and complained about how he's already turning into grandpa w. and doing all our odd jobs. haha. Our Moms and sprout washed all of our dishes and shower gifts and put them in my cupboards- yay! And Bob and his Dad went and bought a washer, dryer, and freezer. So our house is pretty much livable now, hooray for them! I should take pictures sometime with the digital camera I don't have. :)
We were in Washington on Sunday for Easter and then my aunt's house for supper.... I was super tired all day. And I really haven't felt like waking up the last two mornings since it's been so rainy and damp. *sigh*
Blessings.
12 days.
3 comments:
I should buy you a camera for your wedding gift.
It is SO FUN to read about your house stuff too. We're seriously like 5 minutes apart. I can come see your house. Do you have gifts all over your floor like I do? I'm glad someone else is at the exact same place in life as me! :)
*grin* thanks wendi, but you really don't need to. your presence and your piano playing are all that are neccesary!
4 more days for you marcy! and then you can go back to being a normal person and not a "bride!" You guys totally should come over some time... it would be fun. :) Our moms put a lot of our gifts away which is amazing, but we've got boxes and books all over the floor still!
Post a Comment