Monday, May 18, 2009

mail

So I have a slight obsession with the USPS... not sure why, they're just cool. And even though they keep raising the price of stamps, it's still cheaper to send a letter to Alaska than it is to buy anything in our vending machines. And pictures in front of post offices make amazing scrapbooks. (yes, Bob did have to endure funny looks from people in front of three post offices in Cali- which I love.)

Anyway, so T-town is pretty small, right? And there's not very many people that work at the post office and they probably know everyone in town. (The lady I talked to the other day at the P.O. saw our address and said, "oh, you just moved in, didn't you.") So before the wedding we were trying to get water, electric, trash, etc. all set up and we kept waiting for the bills to come in the mail... nothing... no mail. Finally, they delivered about a months worth of mail (with overdue bills- *ahh*) all at once with a little card to fill out since we just moved. Um... um... ok??? Seriously, we used to get mail for all kinds of previous occupants at 709, didn't matter what the name was, the address was all they looked at, all that should matter. So we were getting mail fine... and I was getting packages addressed to me... but Bob was waiting on two things that the online tracking said were delivered. So I went to the post office (which I love) to see what the deal was. Apparently, there's another Koch farther down the mail route where they were delivering all Bob's stuff. um... um... but it's a totally different address!? I'm still really confused about that, since the Eureka Post office has had no issues forwarding all of my mail and they have even been crossing out Wyss and writing in Koch... O well, hopefully it's all straightened out now. :) And I still like post offices.

Kansas was good... Ned's speech (that he wrote in the wee hours Sunday morning before graduation) was great... I need to see if any of my pictures turned out.
Blessings.

2 comments:

Katie LeAnne said...

lol, gotta love small town post offices!

Karen said...

caught up on your blog--love to read it! i will take a closer look at post offices now.