Friday, May 15, 2009

randomness

I worked five days this week. *sigh* I'm ready for a vacation... ok, it wasn't that bad... but I really wouldn't mind not waking up at 6 every morning. :)

Grocery shopping takes me forever because I can't find anything in Kroger. I miss Lindy's. And Jerry's. I'm a huge fan of Beechum's though... hooray for small town grocery stores!

I haven't burned anything or shrunk anything yet. (crossing my fingers hard though) Other than ruining half a loaf of bread trying to figure out our new toaster... seriously.... it has a scale from 1 to 9 for toasting, you'd think that 4 or 5 would be nicely browned. Um... yeah... right now it's set on 1, and I can't leave a poptart in even that long. I think we have an over achieving toaster.

We're leaving after work for Kansas City because Ned is graduating this weekend. Yay! I'm excited, I haven't been to KS since that rather expensive trip back in November. Stinkin bored Missouri cops. Anyway. I'm over it now, really.

Blessings.

4 comments:

Mike said...

hate it when the toaster does that!

i about came to KC this weekend as well. had i known you and bob were going to be there, that might have significantly changed some things. i need to know a little earlier next time! ;)

hope all is well!

sarah said...

didn't you just have a vacation?

Heidi said...

I'm pretty sure the new fangled toasters are all over achievers because mine does that same thing. Isn't it so annoying that you have to watch EVERYTHING you put in there?!

Jenny said...

mike, bummer, I'll have to start sending you my calendar so we can compare. :)

sarah, I'm always ready for vacation.

yeah, Heidi, there are a lot of things that we got that look cool but after trying them I'd rather have the stuff that mom has or that was my grandma's. Mostly because they aren't huge and they work better.