I had Friday off for the 4th- hooray for my government job! It was great, I got to sleep in and get lots of stuff done. And I got to sit out in the sun and read.... one thing I don't like about living in town and having a very shaded back yard... I can't lay out. Unless of course I would in the front yard, but that would be super awkward. :) So I have tan lines. *sigh* O well.
Saturday some people came over for supper and games... good times. We skipped fireworks... nobody was very excited about going out in the cold and damp. We were hoping we could be outside... since our selection of games is so limited, but it was still fun. :) Mostly just good to hang out with cool people.
So I maybe insisted on going to watch fireworks on Sunday because I love them and it was super nice out and I was disappointed we didn't get to see them Saturday and it's kind of un-American to not partake! We went to Hopedale because it was close. I liked them. Even though we sat by some people with fluorescent hair (it seriously was still visible after dark) who insisted on smoking the entire time. I don't think I've ever been in front of buildings to watch fireworks, so the loud echoes were a new experience. :) maybe next year I'll get to go to Peoria's....
Blessings.
No comments:
Post a Comment