So we said farewell to yet another rodent friend Wednesday night. Somehow it managed to push it's way through all the steel wool that was plugging the hole around the radiator pipe.... and it was making itself at home in my kitchen while we were in the Ozarks. So my brand new loaf of bread that was sitting on the counter was ruined. *sigh* Anyway, I stopped at Farm and Fleet and bought all sorts of things to destroy mice- traps, glue boards, d-con.... it was going to be all out war. I set the glue traps right by the hole... minding my own business... putting dishes away... and I heard scurrying. And squeaking. The mouse was extremely stuck. Hooray! So Bob disposed of it for me and I've been disinfecting the kitchen. woot. Just what I wanted to come back from vacation to do.
The Ozarks was good. A little bit rainy, but sunny enough that I'm not pasty white any more. Bob and I got to share a cabin with cool people... even though they made us sleep in the smallest bedroom... haha... or cell... My little cousins like Bob a lot, it was pretty amusing. Rae: "I'm glad Jenny married Bob." (after he let her 'play' the Wii) Cailer: "But I never get to see Bob." (we were trying to convince him that he needed to spend time with his grandpa that he doesn't get to see very often; he wanted to play wii with Bob.)
I'm really not excited to be back at work... it's too bad vacations can't last all year. It's rough getting up early after a week and a half of sleeping in. *sigh* O well.
Blessings.
No comments:
Post a Comment