For aught that I could ever read, Could ever hear by tale or history, The course of true love never did run smooth.
Last night Bob and I met Shelly, Sarah, Gab and B.J. in Bloomington for supper and then we went to the Illinois Shakespeare Festival to watch A Midsummer Night's Dream. It was great. I love watching Shakespeare live, it's just so fun and timeless. I'm pretty sure that this is my new favorite Shakespeare play, maybe because no one dies and there are fairies... and Puck!
It was raining all morning and I was a little worried that it would get rained out (it's an outdoor theater). The weather forecasts for the evening were all really bad. But it cleared off, and it was such a beautiful night to sit outside!
If we shadows have offended, Think but this, --and all is mended, --That you have but slumber'd here While these visions did appear.
My favorite part of Shakespeare is all the random phrases in our vernacular that originated from his plays. I love the insults; 'cankerblossom', 'thou painted maypole', so great. And all the jokes that are still funny after 400 years. :)
So, good night unto you all. Give me your hands, if we be friends, And Robin shall restore amends.
Blessings.
No comments:
Post a Comment