Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Beware the Ides of March

Yeah, so yesterday we had a minor flood in our crawlspace. Some valve was leaking (it must have been for a while because we'd occasionally hear random water running) and it was leaking enough yesterday to drop our water pressure and create a nice waterfall under the house. Thankfully it drains really well; because it never got above 3 or 4 inches. So Kerry and Sam came over after supper and fixed it (the bliss of renting...). Well, Sam and I colored pictures and Kerry crawled around in the mud and worked. I need to get more boy coloring books... Disney Heroes was a little to girly for Sam. :) I'm just glad it was an easy fix and they don't have to tear out any walls or keep the water turned off or something (I was maybe freaking out because we're hosting potluck on Friday!).

Otherwise it's been pretty quiet. Amber and Sarah came over for some quality Emma time.... such fun. We spent Saturday evening with my family and checked out the new paint and watched old slides. I was a little bored this weekend... which I love.... so I tried some new recipes. Bob and I made Dr. Pepper chocolate cake which was super yummy, and I attempted homemade tortillas. I could use more practice on those.

Blessings.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've decided that homemade tortillas are not worth the time or mess...but I don't want to discourage your adventursome homemaking.

Mary

Jenny said...

haha... yeah, they don't look as pretty as the ones from the store. :)