Anyway, I picked my beans and got all hot and sweaty and dirty and full of zucchini prickles somehow. Mom and I walked out to the field to watch the baler. Bob came at some point and he and Matt were on the rack. Tate was riding the four wheeler back and fourth to the field all day.
Grandpa was shuttling empty racks to the field and bringing back the full racks.
He let me drive it one time. It was kind of scary because, as you can see, there's no passenger seat and he was perched on the axle next to me and holding on to the seat... and the field was a little rough and bouncy. He was excited because he bought the 60 from my Grandpa Schlipf and he thinks it's cool that both of my grandpas owned the same tractor and that their grandkids still 'use' it. *grin* He also thought Bob and I need a picture in front of it. Please excuse the fact that we're all filthy dirty and I maybe got hot while picking beans and stuck my head under the hose...
And then I came back to the house and went up in the hay mow to watch. And I helped my mom set up for the best part of baling day- baling lunch! Sandwiches, cold drinks, and ice cream bars for all under the big tree in the front yard.
Blessings.
No comments:
Post a Comment