Friday, July 30, 2010

Kentucky

So... we spent the last few days at Kentucky lake on Wyss Vacation. Yay for vacations! It was fun; and very, very, hot and humid. I took our camera along and didn't take any pictures... oops.

We didn't do a whole lot, just the usual Rook and fast Scrabble and swimming and boating and eating. I love vacation. The lake was nice, although not very cool (except for way down deep), and there weren't tons of boats out. I went skiing and wake boarding... fun times. Wake boarding is hard. And tiring. I got up for a little bit, and then I got off balance and drank half the lake. Skiing didn't go so well after that... my arms were too tired. I was super sore for a few days, it's finally getting better now. It was worth it though.

I was a little bit mean to my cousin Clayton. He was spending pretty much every minute on his phone texting people while he was in the middle of a Rook game (and all week) and supposed to be paying attention to the game... I borrowed his phone for a minute and texted all the girls in his address book "pickles, ice cream, and rotten tomatoes," and then erased it from the sent box... he was very very confused when he started getting texts back. He should just be glad I couldn't think of anything more creative, or mean, to send!

Some of us girls were talking to Grandma and Grandpa one night and my dad's CIY days got brought up... Grandpa was a founding member way back when and he made a comment about how it was different in his day, to which Grandma replied, "you have no room to talk!" and proceeded to elaborate. So hilarious!

We brought the Wii along... the younger boys loved it... Cailer was pretty sad when "Nintendo Bob" left...

We left on Wednesday... mur. It's stinks to have to leave early, but our vacation days are limited. *sigh* At least we got to stop at Tobin's for supper on our way back. And we got to get soaked in a downpour on our way into the restaurant... good times.

Ooooh, and we have a new niece! Her name is Eden Rose.
Blessings.

1 comment:

Neal / Kim Kellenberger said...

YES it was sad for Cailer when Nintendo Bob left! I mean he couldn't even say goodbye without dramatic tears!! Oh I could tell a nap was needed by my 6 year old after that :):) SO much fun!!