Friday, August 06, 2010

Knives

It's been pretty quiet around here this week. Well besides church, grocery shopping, laundry, cooking, an insurance meeting, and a visit from a knife salesman...

Yeah, so a few weeks ago I got a phone call from a Cutco rep wanting to know if he could come demonstrate his product, he goes to RBHS and he's earning money for college. I should add that he never actually specified he was selling Cutco; I found that out from Heidi... who gave him my name... who also said he cut himself really bad while he was demonstrating for her... I was slightly intrigued.

So he came over Wednesday night to show off his knives. It was pretty hilarious. I was trying not to laugh the whole time. He wasn't necessarily funny, it's just that the 17-year old in a tie acting enthused about expensive kitchen knives and gadgets cracks me up. Yes, I know I have a weird sense of humor. He was holding the binder full of glossy pictures up with one hand and holding his "script" right behind it- and he dropped it on the floor once. I heard a lot of "this is my mom's favorite, she uses it all the time," and "I don't cook much... yet... but my mom has this and we use it every day." He knew his stuff about all of the knives, though it is hard to picture him using "the mini carver, now this is the knife to use on a roast."

And so it went. I didn't buy anything although he did pull out paper and pen to show me how low three easy payments would be. *grin* I have brand new knives, the same brand that my Mom has used and abused for 27 years. Plus I've cut myself on my not Cutco sharp knives and I really don't think I need anything sharper in the house. So he packed up (with the help of his handy-dandy diagram) all of his stuff and left... on the way out he mentioned how he hadn't driven himself over because his license was suspended for too many speeding tickets.... O my. Yeah, I laughed.

Blessings.

3 comments:

Mary said...

Sounds fun! Sorry I missed it! Did anyone else end up coming?

Heidi said...

lol...I'm glad your presentation was as entertaining as mine!

wendi jo said...

I laughed at your post.. I would've loved to have been there!