Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Pie and Peaches

I feel like we had a busy weekend.... even though there wasn't much on the calendar. Saturday I spent the afternoon making pies for rotating potluck, so I didn't get to enjoy the sun or the heat much. Potluck was good, as always. :) And we had a lot of leftover pie. Which is amazing.

Sunday afternoon we went to Grandma and Grandpa Koch's for awhile with some of the pie, then we went to Grandma and Grandpa Beutel's with more of the pie, and then we went back to G and G Koch's for supper.

Yesterday I picked up peaches at the farm to can... and realized I ran out of sugar when I made pies... so I got to stop at the new IGA in Mackinaw on my way home. I liked it. A lot. Too bad it's totally not on my way anywhere or I would shop there all the time. For the record, Bob is amazing- not only did he eat frozen pizza last night while I was cutting up peaches, he also helped me fold all the laundry. It took awhile, it was around 10:30 when I got done. But, now I have 6 quart and 10 pint jars of canned peaches. And no place to store them. O well, that's a minor detail.

It's so much work, but it's worth it.... and it was pretty exciting to use my new canner for the first time. Well, new to me, it was the
Happy Man's. He was retired and had all sorts of hobbies, including canning. His wife was not nearly as enthused. *grin* Which is why a lot of his stuff made its way to the farm and then to me...

Blessings.

4 comments:

Katie LeAnne said...

I like the IGA too, but of course it opened the week before we moved to Morton last fall, lol.

Carmen said...

The IGA is awesome, but then...it's just a few blocks from me. Added perk: when great with child, not only do they carry your groceries to your car, they will also unload your cart so you can check out. You just can't beat it. :) LOL.

Anonymous said...

Not sure how I feel. You make pies for people that you do not even owe. The person to whom you actually owe a pie because you lost a bet has yet to see one. Sad day.

Jenny said...

o mike, I do NOT owe you a pie. Next time I see you, you can hear the whole story. :) AND, if we see you friday, there might just be a pie for you.