Friday, September 03, 2010

Man may work from sun to sun

But woman's work is never done.

I'm feeling it. And I'm really looking forward to this weekend and hopefully just relaxing. I got a bucket of tomatoes from mom and got them all pureed on Tuesday. I made sauce with about a third of them, and waited until yesterday to cook up the rest of them. I'm at 31 pints.... not sure if I should do more or not. We'd probably eat it if I made it- I love all things Italian and homemade sauce is better than from the store. It just takes so much time that I don't have and I end up trying to scrub little drips of tomato sauce out of the carpet.... note to self: carpet in the kitchen is not a good idea for someone as messy as me.... not to mention slightly unsanitary... not that the unsanitary part bothers me all that much *grin*.

Anyway, so last night I was busy with tomato sauce, supper, getting food made for the weekend, and getting all our stuff together and ready to go. Yeah. I was tired. Some days, ok most days, I have two full time jobs. woot.

Life is good though.
Blessings.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

If you do continue making it, you can bring any extra's over to my house. I love pasta/pizza sauce, and if it's your mom's recipe, I've heard wonderful things about it. :)

Jenny said...

haha... I think mom's recipe is one she got from Pam M. It's pretty basic- tomatoes, onions, peppers and some spices. :)

Karen K. said...

I haven't made tomato sauce. In fact, I have ignored my garden this week. I probably have rotten tomatoes. I usually use all my tomatoes to make fresh salsa. They can really devour it and I give some away. I should try the sauce.
I had carpeting in the kitchen and it was a pattern like a patterned tile. It didn't show much, but I knew! :)

Where are you going this weekend? Have a relaxing time.