Monday, July 25, 2011

Vacation: Take 25

So yeah, the 25th annual Wyss vacation was at Kentucky lake this year. It was hot and humid, but still fun. The best part is probably not having to be at work for a whole week... and forgetting about all the work to be done at home...

We mostly spent our time being lazy and eating. And playing cards and watching lots of HGTV and 'Say Yes to the Dress!' haha.

Did I mention it was hot? I was so glad we were in a cabin with central air... pure 70 degree bliss. Although, the mattresses left something to be desired and the pillows were hard. *grin* O well, my own fault for forgetting mine.

The lake wasn't super cool, but it was better than baking in the sun! So since I'm not allowed to do anything 'high-impact' and that probably includes skiing and tubing and cliff jumping, I spent a lot of afternoons floating on a raft in the water. (While everyone else was boating, woe is me!)

I took my camera, but the only pictures I took were from mini- golfing one evening and they aren't very good. Plus, I lost. Sorry.

Bob and I spent an afternoon filling coolers with water balloons... well, I helped for awhile and then Troy took over for me... and then that evening we surprised a few people during a 'drink break' in the middle of a volleyball game. It was beautiful.

Good times. I managed to make it through the week with minimal annoyance and irritation... although one of my cousins maybe got smacked... he deserved it.

Anyway, back to reality this week. And laundry. And my wonderful feather bed. woot woot. *grin*
Blessings.

No comments: