Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Corny

O wait, that's Kacie... hehe. Good thing she doesn't read this. We were on the way to mini-golf in Kentucky.

Anyways, I took half the day off today and did corn with Mom and Shelly. Somebody thought it would be a good idea to not shuck the ears in the field so they took up more room in the bags and took twice as long to clean... out in the heat. *cough* Dad *cough* Actually, we were on the porch and there was a nice breeze so it wasn't half bad. We did about 45 pints and I somehow ended up with most of it, which I love.


I've decided that home grown sweet corn is necessary for life. I could survive on other store bought vegetables, but store corn in all its forms is just gross and starchy and bad. Yes, I know I'm spoiled. *grin*


Next up, green beans, peaches, and moving. woot woot.

Blessings.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

yep, we have green beans, corn, peaches, moving, applesauce, and baby....in that order, hopefully.

Jenny said...

When do you guys move? Let me know if you want help... can't make any promises though! :D