We ate lunch at the Courier Cafe and then we went for a walk. Shelly showed us her social work building (it was an empty lot when I was there- makes me feel rather old!) and we wandered to the quad. We had to show Cecily the morrow plots...
She got lots of smiles from the students and passersby. Randomly, it was three years to the day of taking our wedding pictures on the quad.
We stopped at Cocomero for frozen yogurt. So yummy. And then we went across the street and introduced Cecily to the Alma Mater. *grin*
I would have gotten a picture in front of Noyes lab, but they've got it all fenced off for construction. Next time. haha. We showed her where I used to live and where Grandpa used to live... she was thrilled.
Shelly had a mandatory lecture in the evening so little miss and I crashed the student appreciation dinner at church (this makes twice in three years... haha) and stayed for the service. It was good to be there and see Champaign people again. We really need to visit more often.
And then we headed home. We made it to Farmer City before she started crying. And she fell asleep by Goodfield, so it was a little bit better than last time. haha. I didn't stop because I think she just wanted to be home and out of the car and stopping would only prolong the agony...terrible, I know.
Anyway, we had a lot of fun.
Blessings.
1 comment:
The Courier ... I had totally forgotten about that place! Guess we'll have to hit it up again sometime!
Post a Comment