Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Just ducky

So yes, I don't have much to blog about.  Last week was quiet.  Cecily and I went over to G and G Beutel's one morning to quilt (she didn't last as long as I wanted too.  Oh well, I got a few stitches in.).  Otherwise we were home and didn't do much. 

Every once in awhile I'll browse craigslist to see what's for sale... and this weekend this rocking chair was there!  Bob is very longsuffering... he let me get it and went with me and loaded it up in my trunk... 



It's an antique.  Solid oak, and a lot of it is quartersawn.  Eeeee. 


It needs some cleaning up... I started taking off the fabric yesterday and there is real wool batting for padding!!  I'll probably attempt to refinish it and take it to get reupholstered.  It may take a while though since I should be focusing on the landscaping.  *grin*  


And since I know most people just want to see the little miss.... here she is singing to me while I got ready this morning.  Yes, I know that leggings look ridiculous with a onesie and a cloth diaper, but they have ruffles on the back to make up for it. 



Blessings.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have a wooden rocker almost identical (minus the fabric :))to your great find! And my MIL re-did ours several years ago to match our LR furniture!

Gayle

Jenny said...

Cool! :) So do you think it would be possible for someone with no upholstering experience to recover it?

Anonymous said...

I like your find! I hope it rocks better than my find. And mine isn't the quality of yours (or size) and it hasn't been refinished. It was a garage sale find:)

And yes, I really did appreciate the "song" by your lovely daughter!