So my cousin Ned turned 21 this past weekend, and since he just happened to be in Illinois there was a party. And since he's 21 we got a keg for him.... of root beer. 1919 Root Beer. It's probably some of the best root beer I've ever had, but it's only available on tap so you can't get it at a grocery store. But you can find a distributor and get it in a keg- 16.5 gallons of wonderfulness.
They loaded it for me at Baumgarten's, but it took Fred and Troy to get it out of my trunk at the farm...
It was about at this point that I realized that I had forgotten about needing a keg tapper and we had no way to get the root beer out. Ooops. Since I have sooo much experience when it comes to kegs. So Cecily posed for us while we called around trying to find a tap. (Hopefully this is her only experience with kegs too. *grin*)
My brothers were in charge of keeping it iced down and transporting it to Herb and Lori's.... where we enjoyed it in frosty mugs.
And by the pitcher full.
Profound words:
Cecily got lots of attention. Kisses from Shena... or is this Kebe? *grin*
Ned took a nap.
In the evening the boys that weren't going to communion came to our house and played Risk.
Maybe this is why you lost Troy...
Sunday was Bob's birthday. Cecily helped him open his presents. We went to his parents' house for supper and more cake that evening.
Good times... good root beer.... it even tastes good flat!
Blessings.
Blessings.



3 comments:
I know this post isn't about Cecily. But I just have to comment on how adorable she is!
It was so much fun to catch up on your blog. Yes, I have been gone a lot lately and should have been making food, cleaning and washing and ironing. Instead, I am enjoying a long break:)
Thank you so much for the root beer. It was a wonderful addition to the party. It was so good to see all but way too short. I spent a lot of time holding my twins for the first time!
I didn't know that Bob's birthday was Sunday!!! He and Ned are close--Ned was on Easter Sunday and Bob April fool's day! Tell him happy birthday!
yea i came down their to see cecily not play risk wasnt to focused on risk haha
Post a Comment