Saturday, May 05, 2012

Bricks

So no offence to my older readers, but I've come to the conclusion that there should be a maximum age to purchase bricks and pavers... they card for spray paint, why not for landscaping materials? 
Before.  Hopefully there will be a pretty after sometime soon. 

This is what we've dug out of our front landscaping...


Pretty sure these are supposed to be for patios.
 They had patio blocks laid flat with two layers of bricks glued (not mortared) on top... and then a second row of perpendicular patio blocks sunk behind that.  Yeah.  Overkill much?

And I've gotten about halfway through digging out the bricks on the side. 

Before- all brick.

My mom came over Thursday afternoon and helped keep Cecily occupied... she got to help dig too.  We're planning to reuse some of them for a new brick edge, and our neighbor wants some to build a fire pit, but we still have waaaaay more bricks and pavers than we need. 

Little miss and I went for a walk the other night and stopped to talk to Beulah.  Must have tired her out. 


I set her in the sink so I could do my hair and she could talk to the baby in the mirror.  She got the faucet handle to turn slightly, hence the wet spot on her pants... hehe. 



Blessings.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, I've never seen so much brick. That had to take some work to put in place!

Jenny said...

I know! I feel kind of bad about it, but we want a bigger bed in front of the porch and more variety than just boxwoods.

The Kaiser Family said...

Wow that's a lot of bricks! Cecily in the sink is so cute - her smile is precious :)

r

Katie LeAnne said...

I could take some brick off your hands...