We had a nice quiet weekend for a change- after the last three weekends and all of our summer plans coming up, we decided to do pretty much nothing.
Nothing other than watering the landscaping and garden twice a day... I'm tired of hauling the hose around, it needs to rain.
Monday morning Cecily and I walked down to the park to the Memorial day service. It was nice; then they fired the guns. I forgot about the guns. They're loud and poor little miss was very startled. The first volley she jumped (and I quick covered her ears), the second her little lip started quivering, the third she whimpered a little and then it was over. Poor girl- I thought it was hilarious.
They went with songs to the battle, they were young.
Straight of limb, true of eyes, steady and aglow.
They were staunch to the end against odds uncounted,
They fell with their faces to the foe.
Straight of limb, true of eyes, steady and aglow.
They were staunch to the end against odds uncounted,
They fell with their faces to the foe.
They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning,
We will remember them. ~For the Fallen, Laurence Binyon ~
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning,
We will remember them. ~For the Fallen, Laurence Binyon ~
1 comment:
Cecily is pretty much adorable!
Oh, and your comment about the lip quiver made me chuckle. Carter does the same thing when I sweep, and while it's kinda sad, the look is hilarious!
Post a Comment