Thursday, July 05, 2012

The Fourth

She's a grand old flag-  I'm so excited to have a flag and flagpole this year!! 


We decided to try out our ice cream maker on the 3rd... and invited Caleb and Bethany and their girls over to eat it with us.  I didn't quite set up though, so we just had sweet cream soup.  Sad day.  O well, maybe next time!

On the Fourth we were lazy and then I invited ourselves to the farm for supper.  Grandpa and our little firecracker.     

O little miss...  See that white thing she has in her fists and clutched to her chest?  That's an extra large marshmallow Uncle Jakey thought she needed to try.  Hooray for sticky messes.  She was enjoying it immensely.  *grin* 

After supper we all headed to Ron and Kary's to watch the fireworks.  I made her onesie from leftover Dresden plate quilt pieces because she didn't have anything patriotic to wear.

I match Aunty Shelly!

And I am much too squirmy for a good picture with Great Grandma!

Grass is my favorite!

Ooo... I got the volleyball.
She liked the fireworks, when she wasn't more interested in her plastic cup. 


And then we all went inside to wait for the traffic to subside and eat root beer floats.  Aunt Pearline thought little miss needed some ice cream and proceeded to feed her half a bowl.  Aaaahhh... Um... O dear.  Cecily loved it.  The look on Pearl's face was priceless- this right here is why I sometimes have an overwhelming urge to be mischievous- it's those Metzger genes. 

Surprisingly enough, all that sugar didn't seem to affect her too much.  She fell asleep in the car on the way home and went back to sleep pretty quick after we put her pajama's on.  
Blessings.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Loved the pictures and catch up. I didn't know that Grandpa was in Chatanooga area--the whole time? I just knew WWI. what else have i misssd?

Cecily's onsie is adorable. We were in Canada and terrible storm and rain on the 4th.

See you soon.
k