She had a great time with Kebe and Shena.
And she loved all of the attention she got from everyone all week.
I took her out on her first boat ride with the girls. The life jacket didn't last long at all, it was hot and she didn't like it around her neck...
Chilling with Kacie while Kendra wake boarded.
We had lots of fun swimming in the lake. Mom brought a little baby pool for her to play in too.
I made Bob go knee boarding with me. (Since I'm so out of shape that's pretty much all I can handle...*grin*) One of my favorite things in the world is floating in the middle of a quiet lake on a sunny day waiting for the boat... after a spectacular wipe out. And that waterlogged feeling- I don't think my hair was completely dry all week. Glorious.
Otherwise we spent a lot of time relaxing, eating, drinking pop, eating, playing games, eating, antiquing, eating, watching ridiculous shows, talking, eating, and more eating.
Little miss hanging out with Clayton and Daddy.
We had some pretty funny conversations around the supper table this year. We now know what Clayton is looking for in a girl (mostly just looks) and Michelle's criteria (basically she needs a full health history). And anybody who wants to marry Scott needs to be a pretty good cook. *Grin* Much laughter.
Anyway. It was a blessing. Since I'm not good with words, I'll quote my cousin Scott-
"another Wyss vacation has passed by, and all that remains are a few goodbyes in the morning... far too little do I recognize and appreciate how I am incredibly blessed for the amazing family that I have, and for the most incredible grandparents...it is because of them, their values, and their defining faith in Jesus Christ, that an extended family of now 57 people can be as close as we are. There just don't seem to be any adequate adjectives to describe it..."
No comments:
Post a Comment