Monday, July 02, 2012

Hot

We've been laying low and staying inside, mostly.  And when we do go out, we get mosquito bites.  So we go back in.

We went used car shopping Saturday... um... yeah... sticker shock.  We decided that it isn't worth it to buy a car/crossover/suv for that kind of money to drive for only a few years.  I took my car to the shop today (great rejoicing!!  I get to keep my one "fun" car a little bit longer!!).  It will probably be expensive to repair, but still. 

Saturday evening we went to Dale and Meg's so Cecily could play in their kiddie pool with Maria and Hanna and Gary and Kathy's kids. Sunday we were invited to Uncle Dave and Aunt June's for supper with some other family and they had a little pool out too.  Lucky little miss.  She had so much fun just sitting in the water watching the big girls play. 

Our house is infested with spiders.  I hate spiders.  I see at least two live ones every time I go down the basement...  ugh.  I really need to sweep down there again... but it's so scary.   I wish there were fairies that would make them disapear.  Anybody know any good relatively non-toxic ways to kill spiders?  We've sprayed around the outside of the house with Sevin twice and I maybe keep a bottle on the basement stairs just in case one jumps out at me... but that stuff isn't really for inside... *grin*

Blessings.

4 comments:

Heidi said...

We had american pest control come and spray the outside of the house and the basement. It saves the main floor and upstairs, which is where we mostly hang out, from being sprayed, and gets rid of 95% of the bugs. (that statistic is TOTALLY made up, but you get the idea.)

Michelle said...

Lavender is a natural spider repellent...or so pinterest tells me

Anonymous said...

I have good luck using the "Glue Boards" that are intended for mice and insects. Try putting them in the corners, along outside walls, or by windows. Just be aware they have a poison on them, so don't put where Cecily can get to them. They last for months in our garage.

Kyle said...

Your right. It has been very hot lately. Swimming is always optional.

Kyle