We went to potluck, had Jakey and young Matt over, made cookies, planted some bulbs, played in the leaves, lay in the grass and looked up at the clouds, ate dirt (ok, that was just Cecily), and went to the farm.
Little miss had a great time looking at Gus and trying to eat the kitties.
While I was up in the attic going through all of my stuff. Treasures really. hehe. Or something. I still had school papers from grade school. I filled two trash bags and two boxes for Goodwill.
There were so many things I didn't know what to do with... like all these figurines. Most of them were gifts, so I hate to give them away, but I'll probably never display them and they have no value other than memories. Emily Simon gave me that little bluebird... so long ago. Anyway. I took the picture and put them in the donate pile.
These pincushions were a 4-H project one year. They're totally made out of fabric. So cute, but I have no place to put them. *sigh* They went away too.
Ooooo, and this went in the trash: my cast from when I broke my arm in 4th grade! Why wouldn't you keep it?? Hehe.
Lena was over and she kept me company in the attic... and Dad came up and showed us all of his treasures. *grin* It's kind of a cool place. There are four generations worth of stuff from two families up there. Which is awesome to look through, but makes me shudder when Dad threatens to 'leave it for my kids to get rid of.'
I brought home my periodic table poster. Little miss likes it I think. I'm pretty sure this is a lecture about moles....
2 comments:
The infamous attic! Mom said once when I was in the single group that I /we couldn't get married until we cleaned out the attic. When I had my proposal from Randy I was in Bloomington church on a W. night (I was in nursing at Mennonite then). I believe it was Ron Heiniger had the sermon and he talked about cleaning out your attic!! (along with blooming where we are planted--another favorite saying of mine then).
The attic* is a legend in the Wyss farmhome! I believe it got cleaned out but some of the "treasures" remain. I don't know if i have it in me to be so ruthless. It would be much more impressive to show Cecily the pin cushions that you made (so cool) than a picture!!! Now you know why my daughter in laws cringe when they think of cleaning out my stuff!
Thanks for the memories. ak
PS Little miss is adorable. Also maybe you could go to Good Will and nab me one of the pincushions for Christmas! Mine is falling apart and a disaster!!! I am serious! aunt k
Post a Comment