It's done! Well, I washed my paintbrushes so it's as done as it's going to get. *grin*
After Bob got all of the boards, the picture ledge, and the trim up I primed and painted. It's not pure white- it's called 'antique lace' and I mostly picked it for the name.
Then I covered it all in plastic (so I wouldn't accidentally get paint on it's pristineness) and painted the rest of the wall blue like the kitchen. I had arbitrarily stopped the blue at the hallway door because I wasn't sure I wanted such a big dark blue wall... this solves that problem.
| Someone was tired of painting. |
Blue and white is pretty much my favorite color combination. It's so pretty.
We are not good about hanging our coats in the closet and the only hooks were on the small landing behind the door to the garage. This will be much more convenient. And pretty.
I kind of want to squeal every time I come around the corner. *grin*
Just a smidge of character makes such a difference.
Now I just need some decorating tips...
Blessings.
3 comments:
Love it, such a cool idea! The blue and white contrast is perfect! :)
Jenny that looks so great. You amaze me. And inspire me...I have had a similar wall in my laundry room for years...and never once has such a creative idea struck me. Beautiful, economical, and practical- just what I need. I just might be copying your idea one of these days - - thanks for sharing it!
r
Love the results. It is striking. missing you. time for a ks visit?
Post a Comment