Friday, June 21, 2013

Wyss Vacation 2013

27 years.  Approximately 4,212 hours of togetherness.  189 homemade breakfasts.  2 Grandparents.  1 Great Aunt.  14 Aunts and Uncles.  25 cousins (+8 in-laws).   11 Great-grandkids.  We are blessed.
 
We stayed at an old inn on Lake Michigan this year.  It was huge and old and cool and the walls were definitely not plumb, but hey, our room had bead board on the ceiling and I'm not sure it gets better than that!  Plus there was a pool, and a grand piano, and the beach.  *grin*  It was a lot of fun. 
 
 
We checked out the beach the first night and she decided that she liked the sand, but the water was scary and noisy.

The water was super calm the next night.  Lena, Kendra, and Shelly decided to go swimming and Little miss was pretty sure she wanted to be in the water with the girls so since I'm such a fun mom we waded in with our clothes on.  Ok, fine, I kind of wanted to get in too.  We didn't stay in long since the water was pretty cold.
The other days there were waves and she wanted nothing to do with the scary water.  So she wandered around the sand... towel... 
 ...laying out...
...off I go again... 
 
 Shelly made life size clue.  I don't remember who killed the mouse. 
 
Grandma and Grandpa awaiting the outcome.
 *grin*
 
Grandma bought her new shoes for fall and she tried them on every time she saw them.
 When there are waves I'd rather just play in this sand hole...
Cecily had no fear of the water at the pool; therefore, I have no pictures at the pool. 

It was a great week.  Some Highs:
-beach time
-playing in the waves
- cousin time
- lots of good food
-singing around the piano
-ice cream, Uncle Randy's treat

 and Lows:
-a very clingy little girl who wouldn't let me out of her sight for very long at all and didn't even want Daddy
-holding said little girl constantly; my arms got sore
- finding a sippy cup full of sour milk that got knocked out of the fridge and rolled underneath... yeah...
- sunburns
-the drive home...  2 hours of crying and fussing and a very nasty McD's bathroom
- my garden looked great when we got home today until the storm came through; half the corn is knocked over and everything else looks pretty bedraggled. 

Blessings.

No comments: