So this is mostly lots of pictures from the last few weeks... I'm still sick, plus a cold, plus I'm lazy. It's a great combination. Every time I think I'm getting better I find myself getting up close and personal with the toilet... speaking of which, anybody have any good tips for getting rid of blueish green mineral deposits in the toilet bowl? Regular bowl cleaner does nothing.
Snuggled up in the laundry basket with a book and my tiger costume.
Grandma came over one afternoon and we went to Jeanne's sale... and read books with our glasses on. We were not, however, brave enough to eat lunch on the pipe line lunch buses. I think I regret that.We made chocolate milkshakes one night; little miss was a fan. She drank all of her "cocoa milk" and tried to steal Bob's too.
One morning she woke up grumpy so I gave her pig tails.
She was very pleased with herself and with her reflection.
And one morning she insisted on wearing her birthday dress from Eden. Over her pink and brown polka dot pajamas. Quite the combo. *grin*
Bob reinforced this little doll cradle because she does this...
We got this off craigslist for Cecily's new room. It's still in the hallway because that bedroom is full of stuff that needs to go to the basement once the Legos are cleaned up a little more... Anyway, after a good scrubbing and liberal dose of Orange Glo, I think it looks fabulous.
Speaking of Legos- little miss loves to help Daddy sort his toys. Haha. Or something. We actually have made some progress; all of the loose pieces are sorted by color and shape (into hardware and tackle organizers). Now, he wants to build all the sets.
Sunday evening our potluck had a wiener roast. It was pretty cold and little miss kept spilling liquid on herself. But I saw a shooting star!
Monday was a nice, relatively still day so I burned the massive pile of sticks that we have been accumulating. July and August were too dry to burn, and we haven't really had a chance to since then. So the pile was probably 4.5 feet tall and 5 foot in diameter. And Junior High P.E. was going on next door. We had just gotten it lit when a football came over the fence, so I tossed it back. The boys yelled, "Hey thanks lady, you're smoking hot!" *eye roll* Middle school boys think they're sooo funny. And then the whole pile erupted in flames and it was hot! Cecily kept saying "Firehot" and backing farther and farther away, which is good. And then the leaves on one of the lower branches of the closest tree caught fire. And the football came over the fence again. "Hey lady, your tree is on fire!" Um... no really? So yeah, I was afraid I was going to have to call the fire department for a few minutes there... that would have been embarrassing.
It did calm down once the small dry stuff was gone. So we watched it for a while and stamped out where it was burning into the grass... fun times.
Yesterday we took my chair over to Ron and Janet's for reupholstering. Mom let me use the van since it doesn't fit in my car so we spent some time at the farm too. Little miss got to see the cows, and play in the leaves with Gussy and Tate, and she got a wheel barrow ride... she was not very happy to come home.
Blessings.

3 comments:
Hahaha!! Okay, this post made me laugh the whole way through! And the pig tail picture! :)
:) a. k.
She looks quite cute with pig tails! :) Love the dresser too!
Post a Comment