Friday, October 04, 2013

Birthday at the Zoo

Lets see, what have we been up to?  Little miss and I went garage saleing last Friday and came home with books and nothing else. 
 
We ate lunch outside on a blanket; when we brought it in she turned it into a nest with all of her stuffed animals and blankies.  "I sweeping."  Except, she never did take a nap that day... 
We went to the farm for combine rides on Monday.  My camera battery died so I didn't get any pictures of little miss in the combine.  She wasn't overly impressed, and she did not want to sit on Grandpa's lap.  She wanted to go back to the van to Grandma and Tate.  She did like watching Trent drive the tractor and wagon. 

Lindy died this week.  I loved working at Lindy's. I loved working with the Lindsley family. Lindy was in his 80's then and he came in every morning after Mass and went over the cash and receipts from the night before... if we made a mistake he caught it!  So yeah, sad news, but it brought back lots of good memories.

Cecily turned two on Thursday.  Craziness!  We met Mom, Shelly, Lena, and Brielle (the little girl Lena babysits) at the zoo.  Picnic...  somebody didn't really eat much of her sandwich...  o well.   
 Then she got to open her present from Aunty Shelly- "It'sa Keesha!  Bear!"  hehe.  And her present from my parents.  Once she saw her new church shoes she didn't want anything else.  Such a girl.
 
We could hear and sort of see the tigers the whole time we were eating, so they were our first stop.   
 Cecily liked them, I think Brielle was just happy to be held... 
 Apparently Peoria Zoo doesn't have a camel anymore, so little miss had to settle for this statue.  "Itsa cam-ul!  Soft!  Hi cam-ul!"
 Silly kid.
 Sitting watching the giraffes- my favorite, Cecily was a little scared of them.
 Then we saw the "Runnins."  Lions, to the rest of us.  *grin*  She roars really quietly...   
 
We got a milkshake for Daddy on our way home, which she claimed most of.  While wearing her new shoes. 
 I made tomato soup and grilled cheese for supper because "soop" is one of her favorite foods.  If two year olds have favorites.  It's at least something she always wants more of. 
 
 Then it was time for cake!  It's supposed to look like a tutu.  Marginally successful, it looks cute even if the tutu part isn't super obvious.  Please ignore my abysmal piping skills. 
 
So apparently she's terrified of fire.  She saw the candles, said "fire, hot!" and tried to get as far away as possible.  I was cracking up.  
 
This is her face while Bob was helping her blow out the candles.  *grin*  
 Then with that trauma over, it was time for presents.
 I think the princess shoes made up for the scary fire.  Yeah, the pants came off when we got home from the zoo.
 She opens things so slowly, one little piece of paper at a time.
 Oooo, a baking set for my kitchen!  I think she likes the rolling pin the best. 
 This morning we went to the doctor for her two year checkup.  She is still tall and skinny, and she was not happy with the doctor for shining a light in her eyes... and her ears... and her nose... and her mouth... and you would think the stethoscope was an instrument of torture.... *sigh* 

Anyway, she's two already!  How is that possible?  If I was sappy and emotional I would be tearing up right now... but... I'm not....  so...  Happy Birthday Cecily!

Blessings.

5 comments:

Joanna said...

happy birthday, cecily!
two-year-olds are lots of fun (although they can be little stinkers at times as they go through the "mine" and "i do it" stage)!

we really need to get together again!

Anonymous said...

Love the cake! :)

-Katie Rasmussen

Mark and Kate said...

Reading your posts about Cecily seriously make me think that Jade is going to be JUST LIKE her! A little feisty and strong-willed, but still so adorable :)

Love it! And I agree with Katie, you did a great job on that cake!

Katelyn

Jenny said...

Thanks girls- it was fun to make.

Kate- I just don't know where she gets it from! :D It cracks me up.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the "news". I didn't have that response to shoes until they begged for Nikes when they came in!:)

I am learning now with my "girls" that new and special shoes are super.

Loved the tutu! It looks fabulous! I am impressed. Obviously I didn't make those either:)ak