Sunday, December 06, 2015

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

We got a Christmas tree!  The girls and I were out shopping and Cecily was begging to get a tree... we called my mom and she was game to meet us and get hers... so we brought home a tree too.  I made them wait to decorate it until Bob got home.  I thought I put all the breakable ornaments up high, but we've already had one casualty.  Cecily wanted all the lights off in the whole house so she could admire it.  
 
Elsie finished the girl's pictures!  They turned out great considering what she had to work with... I think they inherited my un-photogenicness.  Getting them both looking in the same direction is a small miracle. 
Emmy had her 18 month doctor appointment on Friday- she's suddenly in the 40th percentile for weight.  Craziness!  She used to be high 90's.... what happened to my fat baby??
Christmas caroling was that evening.  We went to sing at a nursing home, but not Beulah's nursing home so Cecily was a little disappointed.  Which means we'll have to stop at Restmor soon... it's been awhile.  We almost made it through without singing the Babe of Bethlehem... and then one of the kids gave it off..... gaaahhh.  That song is not a Christmas carol.  And we should not be singing it at nursing homes to non-apostolics.  They aren't going to get all the words, and they are really only going to respond to songs that stir memories... Silent Night. Joy to the World. Hark the Herald Angels Sing.  Wastes so much good caroling time....  Anyway, I'll get off my soap box.  Be glad our group didn't sing "The babe, the son of Maud" this year.  *grin*
Bob took Cecily with him on Saturday to shop for my birthday and Christmas.  They came home with all kinds of non-birthday treasures, including a pirate hook.  She can't keep a secret so I'll probably know what they got by then... oh well.  
 Baby Jack arrived this week so I made a last minute baby gift...  every little boy needs a map of middle earth tag blanket!  Hehe.  Emmy loves the soft minky fabric so she didn't want to give it up. 
 We went to meet him after church today.  Cecily wanted to hold him twice.  She did pretty good, other than trying to poke him awake... aaaah. 
 Emmy was more interested in Charlotte (thankfully!).
 Awww. Baby Jack.  I have a nephew!  *grin*
 
Blessings.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She went where Brent went--skinny!

Mark and Kate said...

The babe the Son of Maud! Lol!