Monday, September 19, 2005

Kansas

Weekends are the best! Friday night my family made apple cider- and its good stuff this year! Not too sweet, not too sour. Abby stayed over night with me and then Saturday we headed to Kansas.
I love going to Kansas City. It's one of my favorite cities, and if I had to live in a city I would live there over any place else. I got back to Champaign really late last night, and I am still pretty wiped out. So here are some of the highlights of the trip:
  • Having Abs along
  • Dad pointing out all the farms and farmers he knows between Morton and Springfield
  • Dad wishing he was combining because it was a waste of a beautiful day
  • Looking for the McDonalds that used to be in Pittsfield but isn't any more.
  • Taking 54 because Dad is sure it's faster
  • Arriving at Karen's and walking in to a HUGE discussion on whether Scott needed black pants (which would mean going to walmart) or just wearing khakis.
  • Hearing that my grandparents stayed up til 3AM talking to Luke, Alan, and Cody :) I wish I could have been there.
  • Uncle Randy :)
  • Helping Ned decide what to wear
  • Scott's Proving
  • Singing at Wales'
  • Wishing I could sing bass
  • Staying up late with Brent and Beth
  • "Watching" Cailer in church
  • Jackstack
  • Discovering that there are only 3 kinds of retail in Missouri- fast food, fireworks, and adult entertainment
  • Farming 101
  • Hearing my parent's testimonies again
  • Seeing how pretty Missouri is when the sun is setting
  • Watching the lightning in the distance
  • Getting back to Champaign after midnight
It was waaay too short of a trip. :)

3 comments:

Luke said...

I agree! Weekends ARE the best.

1. 54 is NOT faster. :) 36 is.
2. The talk with your grandparents was really really cool!
3. Jackstack absolutely rocks.
4. There are more than three kinds of retail in Missouri. However there ARE only three kinds of retail along I-70. It's sad really.
5. That lightning you saw from a distance...yeah...that was hitting us!

megs said...

sounds like you guys both had a wonderful time in kansas!! glad you're back and safe though. can't wait to see y'all in taylor!!

Jenny said...

Except I'm not going to Taylor...
:( You guys have fun though!