But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
Sunday, September 11, 2005
The Weekend
This weekend went so fast. Fast but fun! Friday night I went to my first ever Purdue Singing. By far the best part was getting to hang out with Abby, and getting to tell her about Matt. :) I don't get to see my cousins nearly often enough! Sarah and I got home at 3:45 saturday morning. I was sooo glad I wasn't driving. My mind just shuts down that late at night. I felt bad for Sarah, cause I couldn't even sustain a conversation. I'm surprised I remembered how to get home. :) My Mom and I went shopping in the afternoon, and then went to testimonies in the evening. It's still a new experience for me, and it's nice not to be nervous! Afterwards I was convinced to go hang out at Heather's, even though I should have gone home to bed. It was a good time, worth the loss of sleep, and I'm glad I got to spend time with some of the old ICC crowd. Heather and Jeremy and I headed back to Champaign right after church today, and now I am putting off doing my P-Chem homework. Even though it's my new favorite class. Sometimes I am such a slacker! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Jenny:
It was good to see you around this weekend. I'm glad you were convinced to come to Heathers. I love the "fellowship" time. :) Given the opportunity to play sports, play games, or just hang out and talk, I would take talking every time. I love it.
Good luck on that P. Chem homework. I'm sooo glad I don't have to deal with that stuff anymore.
Luke:
I just decided that P Chem is no longer my favorite class. :) And you are sooo lucky you aren't in school anymore.
I love coming home, even though I get made fun of for how often I do. :P
Jenny:
How 'bout now? Is P Chem your favorite class again? :)
There are parts about college that I miss. I realize now that I had more free time than I will ever have again until I retire. I miss walking to class. I miss that feeling of a problem just "clicking" all of the sudden and you just "get it". I miss being surrounded by my peers practically 24/7. I miss not living on my own (not necessarily college related for everyone)
The thing is...there are opportunities and blessings no matter where you're at in life. It's only our attitude that determines whether we enjoy a specific time in our life or not.
Gratitude is the attitude that sets your altitude. :) I try to always be grateful for where I am when I am there.
Post a Comment