Sunday, May 14, 2006

Home

Finals are over! Yay! Now I'm just waiting on grades...ick.

I got a job working for a professor- I'll be in his research group next year and this summer I'll just be doing random things. The best part is that I can do it all from home! So I can work and lay out at the same time....probably not, but technically I could.

Mom and Dad came to Champaign yesterday to help me move back. We tried to look around in the new alumni center. It was very crowded. Then they took me out for lunch and Mom and I went to the mall for a while. We were almost ready to leave for home, but mom wanted to get some stuff for Grandma at Bath and Body works and I was hungry. So she left me and I got in line at Auntie Anne's behind three African American women. I'm standing there, minding my own business when another black lady walked by and yelled several obscenities at the three women standing in front of me. Which they returned....so they are standing about 25 ft apart dropping the B-word and "my sista whipped y'alls butt two months ago" and something about a baby-daddy. (This is the point at which I started slowly backing up out of line...inching closer to the people sitting in the cafe tables in front of Auntie Anne's) They were being very loud and obnoxious and this white guy (40's or 50's) sitting at one of the tables looks right at me and says "make them shut up!" I was slightly shocked since a) I'm a little white chick b) there's no way I'm getting in the middle of that. So then the security guards come, at which point the white guy, with the danger of him getting beat gone, decides to yell at the top of his lungs "Shut the f- up!" Dropped the f-bomb. In the middle of the mall. In front of me. I was too shocked to say anything then but later I wanted to go chew him out, first for not being man enough to do anything without the security guards there and secondly for saying the f-word pretty much in my ear. What kind of a guy does that with ladies present. And little kids all around. Anyway. I got back in line and got my jalepeno pretzel and that was my exciting story for the day.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

We aren't racial are we?

Anonymous said...

I feel inclined to draw your attention to article "What do you call a piano down a mineshaft?" where you will receive the chastisement due.

Jenny, some of us are still innocent so if you would keep your blog g-rated, that would be appreciated.

Luke said...

lol: Forget the "g-rating" this story was too good to pass up. Hilarious.

Jenny said...

Bob, I think you should start signing your comments. :)
And you need your own blog- you are an ECE after all.

Luke said...

I think it's pretty much the coolest thing ever that MFF has a blog!

Jenny said...

Isn't it great though!? :P I love it.

Anonymous said...

please tell me that MFF does NOT mean my future father...

Jenny said...

NO it does NOT...it means my favorite farmer...mff...get it? Good.

megs said...

i'm still confused about who this farmer is.... does he not have a name? i've always wondered what a farmers blog would look like. i wonder what my dad's would look like if he had one. GREAT story jenny!! made me laugh!! hope we'll see more of you this summer. (SAAAAY!!! what's this i hear about you being in town on may 6 and 7 and didn't show your face at the peoria invite?! that's just a runor isn't it?) later love!