So I survived my craziest week so far this semester. Barely. :) Three tests, two lab reports, and some random homework do not make for a relaxing week. I was glad for Friday.
Friday evening a group of us went out to eat at Papa Del's pizza for supper and then Coldstone for dessert. We ended up hanging out at the Shaker, posing thought provoking questions, listening to some amazing musical talent, and just having all around good times. :)
I went home Saturday morning and didn't do much all day...very nice for a change! On Sunday Alyssa and I went to Fairbury for Darl and Janelle's wedding. We didn't stay for the reception, which was sad, but I had to get back home so Matt and I could leave for KState. :)
I spent approximately 10 hours on the road yesterday- good thing I like driving!
You would think that I've been to KC enough to know the way...but I was too busy talking to Matt to pay attention to the road, so we took a slight detour through St. Louis. It was nice to go interstate all the way, and we still made it in 6.5 hrs. Even with the ten minute emergency stop. Matt's power adaptor broke off in the cigarette lighter and was sparking and smoking. So he had take the fuse out, get the pieces out with a tweezers so my car wouldn't start on fire, and then put it all back together again.
We got to KC at 10:30 and then went the rest of the way to Manhattan with Scott and his friend Mike. They talked about food the whole way. It was pretty funny, and it made me kinda hungry.
I crashed at Tifani's and somehow I managed to not wake up her roommate. Today we slept in and got the campus tour- KState is lots different from U of I. The buildings are white limestone and the whole campus is a lot more compact. Tonight we're going to play some Rook....
6 comments:
Matt has a tendency to start fires in vehicles.
Matt: Is this true?
Everyone: K-State has one of the best campuses EVER. 22,000+ enrollment and you can walk from any class to any other class in 10 minutes.
Yep, K-State...definitely one of the best campuses ever! :)
K-State is saweet! :D Right Jenny Wyss? and next time you go, play euchre instead please! Thanks! : )
go rook.
Where's your 'Gab post'?
Post a Comment