Hm.. so the week is over. It was a good week. The two snow days in the middle were pretty glorious. :) Props to Dan for bringing the skid steer over and clearing our drive!
Us girls went out to eat Wednesday night at olive garden for valentine's day. It was soooo good. It's probably a good thing that it is so expensive (for a college kid) or I would eat there way too much.
Thursday in lab we were playing with liquid nitrogen- using it to condense evaporated solvent from our reaction. We get a lecture every time about how our vacuum lines need to be clear and not open to the atmosphere while you have liquid nitrogen cooling the trap. If you do have your lines open to the air you run the risk of condensing oxygen. Not a good thing. Pretty much you have rocket fuel in a small glass tube. :D Anyway, one of my classmates accidentally did that. He had to get a blast shield in his hood. It was pretty funny.
The young group recorded Easter program songs at Neil and June's Thursday evening. It's always fun to sing holiday songs out of season. Afterward us girls- Sarah, Gab, Amber, Kristen, and I- had a great discussion with Neil and June about a lot of things. :)
Meg is putting together a slide show of pictures for parent appreciation this weekend and she asked Amber, Kristen, and I to record some piano music to go with it. Since they have the talent and I have the key to the university school of music practice rooms it worked out really well! It was so great. We found a Steinway grand piano and spent about an hour recording. And messing around. :) They are both so good already and the "real" piano made it sound phenomenal.
Tonight we had bible study and then we helped make food for tomorrow night. So now I'm really tired. Maybe because I haven't had Dr. Pepper all day! Yikes. :)
Blessings.
1 comment:
JennyWyss....after seeing those pictures tonight, I am glad you didn't invite us the other night...I would have hated to interfere with you and skid steer Dan's "learning" time....aka *cough cough*....excuse me....:) By the way, were the strawberries tonight good?
Post a Comment