Monday, February 05, 2007

Minnesota

I like that state a lot. Even though it is sooo cold. It was a really great trip and I had such a good time. There were six of us that braved the cold of the twin cities; Meg and I, Jeremy, B.J., Dale, and Loren. The trip out was uneventful, we played 20 (or so) questions, and made it there without freezing to death even thought the heat wasn't really working.

Saturday we checked out the St. Paul Winter Carnival. They had some really cool ice and snow sculptures and dog sled races. We watched the Jamaican dogsled team race (no, it was not cool runnings) on snow for the first time. It was a rather chilly day (high of -5 F, low -13 F) to be out doors, but after we warmed up a little and ate some lunch we went ice skating behind Meg's house. We didn't have any hockey sticks so we devised our own game. It was a cross between soccer, broomball, and basketball. The goalies had brooms but everybody else just had to kick the basketball with their skates. It was quite interesting, but very fun.

Saturday evening B.J., J-Hod, and Dalestyle fixed the temp gauge in the van- go guys- so we would have heat on the way home. Then we sang around the piano, played some games, and had a "jam session." Meg's little brother Joe was disappointed that he missed it until he discovered that jam didn't mean to slam into each other and knock people over. *grin*

We spent Sunday with the Minneapolis church- it was so good to be there. They don't get many visitors in the winter (imagine that) so they were glad to see us. We left right after church, and had a good ride home. Somebody decided that it would be fun to play 20-let's grill Jenny-questions on the way back. They know way too much about me now. Questions ranged from "what five things would you take if you were stranded on a desert island," to "what's your favorite farm memory," to "if you could change your last name to any AC last name what would you change it too?" The last one was from Jer and I took the fifth. *grin* So then we grilled him for a while.

So now I'm back at school and I'm tired and not very excited for Monday.

Does anybody want to go winter camping in the Boundary Waters?? I'm up for it.

Blessings.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Winter camping at Boundry Waters? Are you nuts???!!!

If you recall, I did come up with the idea to go there this summer, but you turned my amazing idea down.

Old Farmer said...

Sure Garrison, it sounds like a great idea! I'll grab my tent, mummy bag, and snowshoes.

Anonymous said...

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA