Sunday, February 03, 2008

Cousins

Scott and Ned were in Champaign this weekend to visit Neal and Kim so Saturday morning Jake and I drove down to see them. Matt decided that they needed to experience Merry Ann's so we met them there for breakfast. That place is so greasy. Ned had The Stack and afterwards said he felt like he had eaten a brick. :)

We went to the Shaker after breakfast because the boys wanted to let their food settle or something... then we headed out to marriage hill at Orchard Downs to go sledding. It was really great- the temperature was perfect, the snow was packed, and it wasn't super crowded. We did have to avoid hitting a lot of little foreign children... but they were cute so it was all good. Scott and I could not keep the tobogon straight. Every time we tried it we would go sideways and then somehow end up in the snow. Most of our spills were pretty major; Ned rolled over me at least once, and I ended up under the sled another time.

So then we cleaned up and cooled down at the Shaker and headed to Neal and Kim's for the rest of the day. We played Rook and Wii and ate food and played with Cailer and Brock. Jon W. was there so there were enough people for two Rook games...Kim and I got trounced by Ned and Jake. It was bad. Kim and I had fun at subway trying to order 7 subs... they were a little flustered.

I didn't get enough sleep, as usual. The guys all stayed with Matt so I got my own bedroom and bathroom at Neal's. It was nice. Church in Champaign was good. The Hessel girls had ISU guests, so I got to see some girls that I don't normally see, and Dona. :) Jake and I left right after church for home, which was good because it started thundering/lightning/raining/snowing not long after we got back. I was having enough issues with his psuedo 4 wheel drive blazer on snow this weekend, I really didn't need to drive in any more of it.

Blessings.

3 comments:

Luke said...

I wanna go see Scott & Ned. :-(

I wanna make taffy too.

*sigh*

Jenny said...

see what happens when you get married... you never get to do anything fun anymore. :D

I bet Heidi can make taffy...

Anonymous said...

I bet I can't.