Monday, February 18, 2008

i can't wait for spring

I had a pretty quiet weekend. Skiing didn't work out so I had all Saturday to do all kinds of fun things. Like sit around. And finish "Knife of Dreams" finally.... that whole series took me almost two years! Craziness.

I started some flowers in my mini greenhouse in the shed loft. I'm pretty excited.
Sometimes when my dad goes to the store he brings me home super cool surprises- like the clamp light in the picture. (The fluorescent fixture is "borrowed" from the house)

The one downside... I have to haul water up these stairs.....so hopefully something grows.

Blessings.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow...I'm really impressed. What all did you plant? You'll have to let me know how that turns out for you...
Are you coming to Champaign this weekend?

Jenny said...

lets see... I planted delphinium, snapdragons, sweatpeas, zinnias, pansies, and cucumbers. :)

I'll be at my first yg committee meeting tonight... so no C-U for me. mur. :(

Matthew said...

Did you know the DEA monitors excessive electricity usage to detect those growing a large number of plants inside?

Jenny said...

I've also heard that they use infrared cameras to detect heat/ grow lamps. :D I think it would be funny to have somebody come check out my greenhouse.