so today was talk like a pirate day and I totally forgot about it until one scurvy knave reminded me. Which probably isn't all bad, because I don't think my boss would have appreciated it very much. *grin* and I'm not very good at it.
I like this weather a lot. It's perfect for eating lunch outside. And yesterday Kaleigh stopped on her way home from work and we went on a walk at the lake. We watched the sunset and the stars come out. And I got lots of mosquito bites, ergo a great evening.
Today I went to the eye doctor... for the first time in, oh, 3ish years. Yeah, I know, he definitely gave me a lecture. Oh well. My eyes haven't changed at all really. I'm still pretty blind. :)
I have an interesting and colorful eye doctor history. Maybe colorful isn't the right word, definitely interesting. The one I went to when I was little (who gave me my first glasses in 3rd grade) scared me. A lot. I don't know why, I just thought he was weird. And his office was scary too. But then he had a massive heart attack and died on a fishing trip in Canada and so I didn't have to go to him anymore.
Then we went to Dr. F, who is somewhat of an odd duck. As my current doc described him, "he's the big fish in a little pond." His appointments took entire afternoons and he asked crazy questions like if I thought his clothes matched. Sooo.... right before I moved to champaign I needed new contacts quick... and I.... gasp... went to some guy in walmart. He was nice, but he doesn't even work there anymore and it was weird that his office was in walmart. It just felt cheap or something. Last week I used my last pair of contacts so it was definitely time to find a new doctor. He's pretty nice. My dad goes there (mom always seems to pick the weird ones). But... he's not really on my insurance plan so I may never go to him again. So anyway.
Blessings.
2 comments:
I'm pretty sure my eye doctor is a big fish in a little pond too, but he's the same one I've gone since I first went in 5th grade. You should try him out next time you decide to go to the eye dr.
(although by that time, he may have had a massive heart attack and died as well.)
by the way, did you stop at my house the other day? I left the back door unlocked and the page on the table, but it was still there when I got home.
Post a Comment