Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Apple River, a wedding, and some cider

One busy weekend down, two to go. :)

Friday evening I got to hang out with K and Amber- it was great. There was much sugar involved.... we made smores, roasted glazed doughnuts, ate gummy worms, and drank mountain dew. The stars were absolutely gorgeous; it was such a clear night. We lay in the back of Jeremy's pickup and stargazed and we saw a bunch of shooting stars. (and I think maybe one iridium flare) I didn't spend the night though because we left for Apple River super early the next morning.

I forgot to take a camera... so I have no pictures of this years trip. It was probably one of the best that I've been on. Good weather, fun people, good attitudes... yeah. Definitely good times. The River was higher this year so the wading was great. I was kind of afraid after we saw a few crawdads... which we might have sang about. We ate supper at the "Shepherd of the Hills" Lutheran Church (cooked by the older ladies that go there) and sang in their tin ceilinged sanctuary.

Eight of us got up super early Sunday morning to try and make it back in time for the weddings... it was sad to miss church at the chapel.... some things must needs be I guess. We might have been a little confused how to get home. (Still amazed that there was no map in the vehicle- seriously) But we made it. :)

Tam and Jer's reception was pretty cool- except for the bugs. My least favorite reception job is refilling punch.. and so I refilled punch... but it was ok; I only spilled on one person. And I got to talk to the people in the kitchen who were mostly my friends' parents. ;) It was good to see all of the U of I people that came. I was pretty exhausted afterwards.

We've had apples rotting on the trees for a while so Monday night we made cider with Fred and Di and the boys. Homemade cider is the best. Pasteurized cider is for wimps. Haha- the fresh stuff really does taste better.

anyway. hooray for wednesdays.
blessings.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

*sigh* And I had to miss the best Apple River Trip ever. I was seriously kind of sad about that. Pretty sure I haven't missed a year in.....years.